With many of us spending more and more time at our desks, the importance of a good office chair should not be underestimated. Sitting in an office or task chair which has not been adjusted to suit the individual can have a detrimental effect on our bodies, mood and wellbeing. The number of working days lost to back pain, neck strain, headaches and stress are on the increase, so it’s important that we do everything we can to ensure the wellbeing of office staff.
When talking to new clients about their requirements for office furniture, we always recommend that they make good quality, adjustable office chairs and task seating a priority. Savings can be made on other items of office furniture, but ergonomically sound seating which provides lower back support and promotes good posture is a must!
What to look for in a good office chair:
- Seat height adjustability (the user should be able to place his/her feet flat on the floor, with thighs horizontal and arms at desk height).
- Back rest adjustability (to enable the user to adjust the height and angle to suit the natural curve of their spine/lower back).
- Armrest height and position adjustability (to enable the users arms to rest comfortably on the armrest, ensuring a comfortable resting position for the shoulders).
- The existence and adjustability of a lumbar support (to support the user’s lower back and improve posture).
- Five star, swivel base (to enable the user to move easily and reach other parts of their workstation without strain).
If you’re looking to purchase ergonomically sound task and office seating, call our team on Cambridge (01223) 357 777 to find out more. If necessary we can arrange sample chairs for you to try before you buy.